Thursday, July 13, 2006

Improving My Life

This is my first post on my new blog, and thanks must go to the man who inspired this new blog. After reading Steve Pavlina's "Personal Development for Smart People" blog, I decided that maybe it was time to make some of these changes in my own life - they are all beneficial after all. So then I decided to write about it too.

Thanks must also go therefore to blogger.com, who spurned my initial blog address suggestions (changing-my-life and changingmylife both gone). This led me to realise that I'm not trying to change my life - losing a limb, becoming bankrupt or catching some sort of disease would all be ways of changing my life - I'm actually looking to improve my life, hence the change of heart and the new spangly URL. Surprisingly, a lot of people appear to be changing their lives, but not as many improving them......?!

So onwards with this project. Steve recommends 2 theories which I'll be using here, namely a willpower theory and a 30-day trial theory. So my first tasks are as follows:

Willpower Task: Create a list of goals, and plans for achieving them, that will lead to an improved life.
30-day trial Task: Post on this blog every day - which means success in other areas, as I'll obviously need something to write about!

Well here we go.....! Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home